Monday, April 10, 2017

History Day Reflection

     The topic that our group researched was the Gunpowder Plot of 1605. The plot was about a group of Roman Catholics that took a stand against the government. They made a plan to blow up the British Parliament and King James I. The plot was led by Robert Catesby. We made a website using Weebly, the tool that was provided to us by NHD.
     I agree with what the judges said about our project. The judges said our project was "Absolutely phenomenal." I agree with the judges because I thought we worked really hard and apparently they thought we did too. We also made many changes to make our project look very professional.
     The most interesting thing I learned in our researched is what they would do to the people they hanged, drew, and quartered. Hanged, drawn, and quartered was when a person was hanged almost to the point of death. Then they would be tied to a horse and dragged to the place they would get quartered. For quartering the would cut off you head, arms, and your legs. Then they would cut your torso in to four quarters. Then sometimes they would take peoples body parts that have been cut up and put them on or near populars places or monuments.
     I think the hardest part of our project was communicating. I think this because when someone would do something that others wouldn't like we would up yelling and arguing for most of the class period. This made our group run out of time very quickly and we would end behind, but luckily we caught back up.
     I improved as a learner by understanding, even more than before, how to get information and understand it when making a huge project. I also learned that even though annotations are annoying the are important because they tell the people who are looking at what you have created understand what you used the source for.
     In my opinion, we could improve the project by making every page look exactly the same. We could also test some of the other parts of Weebly to make our project look nice and appealing. This would also make our website look professional.
     I am the most proud of how neat and professional the pages of the website look. They almost all look the same and are appealing to others in my opinion. They look nice and are put together very neatly. I think the setup of each page looks very professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment